The ‘5th GCC Municipalities and Smart Cities Conference’ concluded today and in conjunction to this conference, ‘5th Middle East Cities and Municipalities Excellence Awards’ winners were honored for their achievements and milestones, they have achieved in their respective areas. The ‘Guest of the Honor’ Mr. Brad Woodside - Mayor of Fredericton - Canada, felicitated the winners with the awards trophies and in his speech, he asked the well-established and emerging business leaders to put their best endeavours in their areas and transform the contemporary cities into the futuristic cities of the world. At the awards ceremony, varied dignified leaders from the government, municipalities and corporates marked their presence and witnessed the awards felicitation ceremony. The list of the award winners under various categories are as follows:
- Energy Sector: Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa), Award received by H.E Dr. Yousef Ibrahim Al Akraf Executive Vice President - Business and Human Resources Support received award on behalf of DEWA.
- Citizens Housing Projects: Mohammed Bin Rashid Housing Establishment, Award received by H.E Sami Abdullah Gargash, Executive Director of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Housing received award on behalf of the company.
- Citizens Housing Projects: Emaar Properties, Ahmed Juma Al Falasi Chief Operating Officer of a company Emaar received award on behalf of the company.
- Environment and Natural Resources Protection: The Ministry of Environment and Water – UAE, HE Eng. Mariem Bint Hareb, Assistant Undersecretary for the Sector of Water Resources and Nature Conservation received award on behalf of the organization.
- Guest of Honor: Fredericton – Canada, Mr. Brad Woodside - Mayor of Fredericton - Canada
- Knowledge Management and Innovation: Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa), Award received by HE. Dr. Yousef Ibrahim Al Akraf Executive Vice President - Business and Human Resources Dubai Electricity & Water Authority support.
- Protection and Development of Roads: Roads and Transport Authority in Dubai, Engineer. Hussein Al Banna, Director of Traffic Department - Dubai Roads and Transport Management received award on behalf of the organization.
- Protection of Consumer Rights: Ministry of Economy and Trade – Qatar, Mr.Youssef Saad Abdullah Al Suwaidi Consumer Rights Department Manager received award on behalf of the organization.
- Secure Cities Development Initiatives: Dubai Police Force, HE Major-General Abdul-Rahman Mohammad Rafi, Deputy Commanding General for community service and equipment received award on behalf of Dubai Police Force.
- e Municipalities smart: Dubai Municipality
- Development of Green Cities: Al Ain Municipality, Award received by Eng. Mohammed Thani Al Muhairi, Director of Parks Department
- Real Estate Development Sector: Al Habtoor Group, Award received by Abdul Salam Marzouki, Director General Khalaf Ahmed Al Habtoor Foundation for Charity.
- Water Sector: Water and Electricity Authority of Abu Dhabi
- Social Sustainability of Cities: Municipality of Muscat - Sultanate of Oman
- Food Sector: Arab Farms Company, Award received Dr.Suhail Ahmed, Executive Chairman of the company
- Food Safety and Protection Excellence Award: Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority, Majed Hilal Al Hosni Director of Strategic Planning and Performance Management received award on behalf of the organization.
- Public Health and Safety Category: Occupational Health and Safety Department - Dubai Municipality, Eng Raed Mohammed Marzouki, President of the Occupational Health and Safety Section of Dubai Municipality received award on behalf of the organization.
For further information on the awards ceremony, please contact:
Middle East Excellence Awards Institute
Tel: +971 4 332 6688
Fax: +971 4 332 8223